“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” Benjamin Franklin
Benjamin Franklin and Confucius both got it right.
Why create a strategic plan?
Strategic business plans are tremendously helpful in moving a business forward in its growth and development. Today, for Strategic Planning part 1, the big picture of components and process:
1. Define Your Purpose. Why do you exist as a business? What is the overriding big picture?
2. Mission Statement. This is a brief two or three sentence description of what is your business, what are you trying to accomplish.
3. Critical Success Factors. What is going on in your business, or needs to happen in order for you business to accomplish its objectives? Revenue objectives, cash flows, people required, process management all may be included.
4. Strategies to Deploy. Marketing, advertising, processes. What actions and detailed steps within those actions will help you meet your mission and fulfill your objectives?
5. Time Deadlines. As with all goals, they must include the ‘T’ and be SMART. Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-bound. As said by another man with a plan: “A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.” George S. Patton
Call the consultants at NoviLex Consulting Group (480) 265-9181 to discuss your Strategic Planning options and develop a strong plan today.