Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion.
I. Define your purpose– Why do you exist as a business? This seems a simple question but is more than just the quick answer of making a profit or a providing a living. Defining your purpose is the motivation of why you do what you do. This may include the end service but the vast majority of successful individuals have a great passion for what they do. By including the end user and the passion it allows the big picture to come into focus. Evaluating the overriding big picture is critical to defining the purpose of your practice.
II. Mission Statement- This is a brief two or three sentence description of what is your business and what you are trying to accomplish. These statements allows all employees of the organization to know what the firm is and where the firm is headed.
III. 7 Critical Success Factors–
1. Write it down. Be accountable and measurable. When your ideas are documented it allows other to collaborate and help your business move forward.
2. Love what you do. When you love your profession, it is no longer a job.
3. Create high-value service. Unless you have economy of scales and want to produce massive quantities of services make sure your customers perceive the high value.
4. Get the right people. Having the right kind of partners, associates, and professional staff for each area of responsibility reduces headaches and adds value.
5. Be visible. Potential clients must be able to find your business and understand what sets your services apart from the many choices available.
6. Communicate. Even the greatest ideas need to be communicated value is recognized. Excellent communication is essential in getting your ideas to clients.
7. Take care of your clients. Provide great service and proactively manage your reputation, in person and online. Going the extra mile for the client will build your reputation, your referrals and your business.